South Australia and New South Wales update State Lists – Special Conditions Imposed ...
Victoria Occupation List
The Live in Victoria website has announced a temporary closure of applications for engineering and building occupations on the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria.
Due to an influx of visa applications, the following occupations will be put on hold from 16 October 2017 to 12 January 2018 - to allow enough time for the processing of all pending applications, and reduce the risk of future delays:
- 233211 Civil Engineer
- 233311 Electrical Engineer
- 233512 Mechanical Engineer
- 233914 Engineering Technologist
- 312112 Building Associate
- 312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- 312311 Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
Applicants who may still apply for these engineering and building occupations during this period include:
- Applicants who hold an offer of employment in Victoria in their nominated occupation;
- Applications via the streamlined PhD or 457 pathways; and
- All applications received prior to 16 October 2017, who will be assessed against the guidelines that applied at the time, with outcomes to be provided in due course.
Applications for all other occupations on the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria remain open.